Enter our competition to be in with a chance to win £100 worth of vouchers to spend on Waterside Press titles! Waterside Press publishes works of interest across the legal system where many titles have become staples for practitioners, tutors and librarians. Waterside authors come from a wide range of backgrounds and include lawyers, judges, campaigners, ex-prisoners, historians, biographers, criminologists and other experts. We also publish works on social history and seek to blend readability with diversity, innovation and integrity.
Amongst Waterside Press publications are Sir William Garrow: His Life Times and Fight for Justice the contents of which are mirrored in the award-winning BBC TV series 'Garrows Law', whilst Mary Ann Cotton: Britain’s First Female Serial Killer was the inspiration for ITV's 2016 production 'Dark Angel'. The Little Book of Prison: A Beginners Guide won a rare Koestler Trust Platinum Award and was shortlisted for the prestigious People's Book Prize.
Founding partner Bryan Gibson is a barrister (Gray's Inn) who worked in the courts. He has written for academic and professional journals as well as The Times, Guardian, BBC TV and The Stage. He was for many years co-editor of the weekly court newspaper Justice of the Peace (now Criminal Law and Justice Weekly), legal adviser to the Magistrates' Association, helped developed the blueprint for Unit Fines (which reached the Statute Book in 1991 until abandoned in a Government U-turn), and 'custody-free zones' for young offenders. He has written more than 20 books including Criminal Justice: A Beginner’s Guide.
'Waterside' refers to the Itchen Navigation, Winchester on which the original Waterside Press premises stand.
To be in with a chance of winning £100 worth of vouchers to spend on Waterside Press titles, enter the competition here:
*The administrator of this competition is The Custodial review magazine ("administrator"). By participating in the competition, each Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Administrator, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Administrator is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the competition. Entrants should look solely to Administrator with any questions, comments or problems related to the Competition. Administrator may be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org during the Promotion Period.
* This giveaway will close at 12.00am, 17th September 2018.
* The prize is £100 worth of vouchers to spend on Waterside Press titles. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable. There is no cash alternative.
* Open to UK residents aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Administrator, the sponsor, their families and anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
* There is one compulsory entry which requests that to enter the competition you answer a question based on the Waterside Press titles information. Additional entries are available.
* The prize winner will be asked to provide their email address so that contact can be made to arrange prize delivery, and their name and county be published in the next issue of the magazine
* By entering the competition, you grant the Administrator permission to add your details to the mailing list, share your email address and any other personally identifiable information with the other competition Entities for the purpose of administration and prize fulfillment, including use in a publicly available Winners list.
* Entries will only be accepted as instructed and any entrant that does not complete the qualifying requirements will be disqualified
* The winner will be chosen using the random entry selector built into the widget.
* The winners will be informed by email within 5 days of the closing date, and must respond within 5 days to claim their prize. If there is no response within the 5 days and new winner will be drawn at random.
*This prize draw is governed by English law and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising in connection with it.